Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

The annual Ancient World symposium held at the Corozal House of Culture has featured special present...

PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

Last week Prime Minister Dean Barrow made active attempts to keep the full extent of the Sanctuary B...

PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

Today more documents in relation to the scheme which the U.S. says defrauded Americans of over $100 ...

Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

One of serious revelations by the Opposition leader in today’s press conference is that the financia...

New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

If you have recently been on social media, chances are you might have come across the newest viral t...

  • Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

    Wednesday, 17 July 2019 02:46
  • PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:20
  • PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:25
  • Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:35
  • New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:37

Screen_Shot_2014-08-05_at_6.12.27_PMSince the heinous murder of 71 year old businessman Ramon Cervantes Sr, authorities remain on high alert on the whereabouts of the alleged perpetrator and mastermind, Manuel ‘Pelon’ Castillo who absconded from police in the midst of the investigation. Today marks exactly one month since Cervantes’ badly beaten body was discovered in a shallow grave on a farm in the Honey Camp area of Orange Walk Town and no closer are the police in closing this case. Three persons were arrested, charged and are on remand but that is no consolation to the family and the community since Castillo is still on the run.

 

It is believed that Castillo is also responsible for the murder of 46 year old Sonia Abak, an Orange Walk resident who was reported missing a month before those charged in the Cervantes case, led authorities to her remains not far from where Cervantes’ body was found. So why hasn’t any additional charges been levied on these men? At a police’s briefing yesterday, Assistant Commissioner of Police Joseph Myvette said that the investigations are still on-going.


Joseph Myvette – Assistant Commissioner of Police


“We are at a point where we just need to record some further statements and then submit those on to the DPP within the next two weeks for the DPP to determine if any charges will be laid.”


Police believe that Castillo absconded to Guatemala or nearby Mexico. Authorities are also looking for his common law Aviceli Duran for questioning.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.