Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

The annual Ancient World symposium held at the Corozal House of Culture has featured special present...

PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

Last week Prime Minister Dean Barrow made active attempts to keep the full extent of the Sanctuary B...

PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

Today more documents in relation to the scheme which the U.S. says defrauded Americans of over $100 ...

Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

One of serious revelations by the Opposition leader in today’s press conference is that the financia...

New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

If you have recently been on social media, chances are you might have come across the newest viral t...

  • Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

    Wednesday, 17 July 2019 02:46
  • PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:20
  • PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:25
  • Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:35
  • New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:37

Screen_Shot_2014-08-18_at_8.04.48_PMA customs officer was charged for Manslaughter, get this, five years after the crime was first committed. He is 39 year old Charles Flores and was charged today by Orange Walk police for the shooting death of then nineteen year old Onorio Oba of San Victor Village.

 

The incident took place in June of 2009. Reports are that Oba was part of a group that started a small riot when customs officers, accompanied by BDF soldiers, police and Anti-Drug Unit, attempted to seize contraband items from some people.

 

At the time, Comptroller of Customs, Gregory Gibson, told the media that the officers intercepted five canoes carrying a large assortment of contraband goods among them beers, soft drinks and vegetables. The officers seized most of the goods since they had come under attack by a group of villagers.

 

They reportedly went by boat towards Douglas and the crowd followed by road. The villagers reportedly blocked the road where the officers were making their exit after loading the confiscated goods into their vehicles. It is alleged that the villagers attacked the officers with machetes, sticks and stones in an attempt to take the goods back. The officers fired warning shots and one of these hit Oba on his nose. At the time, the matter was being investigated but no charges were levied against anyone until now, five years after. 39 year old Customs Officer Charles Flores has been charged for Manslaughter and appeared in court this afternoon. His case was adjourned until November fifth.  

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.