Belizean Farmer Charged For Sexual Assault

Fifty-seven-year-old Belizean farmer of the Petville area in Orange Walk Mark Ayuso was charged with...

How Will Fraud Scandal Affect UDP Leadership Race?

Yesterday must have felt like déjà vu for Prime Minister Dean Barrow who held a press conference to ...

SICB Chairman Denies Hanky Panky In Cane Farmers Fuel Subsidy Programme

Yesterday we heard the explanation given by the chairman of the Sugar Industry Control Board Gabriel...

New River Task Force Discusses Plans For The New River

Today, members of the New River Task Force held its 7th meeting here in Orange Walk Town to discuss ...

2 Million Loan Relief For Cane Farmers Yet To Be Released By CDB

As we reported on Thursday, meteorological forecasts for the Jewel indicate that 2020 could be anoth...

  • Belizean Farmer Charged For Sexual Assault

    Friday, 17 January 2020 02:27
  • How Will Fraud Scandal Affect UDP Leadership Race?

    Friday, 17 January 2020 02:33
  • SICB Chairman Denies Hanky Panky In Cane Farmers Fuel Subsidy Programme

    Friday, 17 January 2020 02:55
  • New River Task Force Discusses Plans For The New River

    Friday, 17 January 2020 03:00
  • 2 Million Loan Relief For Cane Farmers Yet To Be Released By CDB

    Friday, 17 January 2020 03:06

coloyOwners of the Grand Colony Resort located on Sea Grape Drive are reeling in from a loss of over one hundred and forty thousand dollars caused by a fire. According to the report, in the wee hours of yesterday’s date, San Pedro Police responded to a 911 call a Carpenter’s workshop burning at the Resort where they  saw a green zinc and wooden structure with cement flooring, measuring approximately 30’ x 50’ on fire.  Fire Department personnel arrived on the scene at 2:30 a.m. and the scene was declared safe at 5:05 a.m. Preliminary information reveals that upon making routine checks, the security guard noticed smoke coming from inside the building.  He then opened the door but the fire inside was already out of control so he immediately alerted the police.  The building was completely gutted by flames and all its contents destroyed.  According to the general manager, the structure is valued at $75,000.00 and its contents which included various heavy machinery and equipment are valued at $65,100.00 for a grand total of $140,100.00. The building nor its contents were insured and the cause of fire is still uncertain.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.