San Joaquin Resident Dies In Traffic Mishap

A resident of San Joaquin and well-known taxi-driver 52 year old Eriberto Tzul passed away in a traf...

Mother Of Two Succumbs To Injuries Sustained During RTA

The family of twenty eight year old Shakira Villanueva is preparing to lay her to rest after she was...

PC Constable Injured In Traffic Collision

A Police Constable attached to the Guinea Grass Sub-station is tonight in a critical condition at th...

New Year...New Fuel Prices

If you visited the gas station over the weekend you might have noticed that there were some changes ...

No Internet Access At High School In The South

On Friday we told you about the Loan Guarantee Motion that sparked feverish debate at the House of R...

  • San Joaquin Resident Dies In Traffic Mishap

    Tuesday, 09 January 2018 02:23
  • Mother Of Two Succumbs To Injuries Sustained During RTA

    Tuesday, 09 January 2018 02:28
  • PC Constable Injured In Traffic Collision

    Tuesday, 09 January 2018 02:30
  • New Year...New Fuel Prices

    Tuesday, 09 January 2018 02:34
  • No Internet Access At High School In The South

    Tuesday, 09 January 2018 02:36

Screen_Shot_2015-04-27_at_6.17.43_PMA family of five are left to live in the remains of what was their home following an arson on Friday last week. Police report that fifty-three year old Amanda Kau’s house was set ablaze sometime around eleven on Friday night. The San Jose resident was inside the house along with four others including minors. Police report that Kau stated that her neighbor had come to the house and threatened her with a machete and set her house on fire. When we visited the family today, they would not comment on camera but told us that around eleven that night she was at home when her neighbor came around demanding to get inside her house. She explained that the man seemed intoxicated and she refused to let him inside. At that point he lit the house on fire. Kau says they tried to save what they could while her neighbors assisted in putting the fire out. They lost some clothes and furniture but no one was hurt in the ordeal. The fire destroyed the roof and most of the fifteen by twenty feet thatched house. The family has nowhere to go and remain in the same house until they can get it fixed. The damages totaled some four thousand dollars. Authorities are seeking one man and continue their investigations. If anyone wishes to assist the family in any way they can contact them at cellular number 605-2573.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.