Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

The annual Ancient World symposium held at the Corozal House of Culture has featured special present...

PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

Last week Prime Minister Dean Barrow made active attempts to keep the full extent of the Sanctuary B...

PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

Today more documents in relation to the scheme which the U.S. says defrauded Americans of over $100 ...

Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

One of serious revelations by the Opposition leader in today’s press conference is that the financia...

New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

If you have recently been on social media, chances are you might have come across the newest viral t...

  • Corozal House Of Culture Hosts Annual Ancient Week

    Wednesday, 17 July 2019 02:46
  • PUP Leader Says Barrow Administration Must Answer For Sanctuary Bay Scandal

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:20
  • PUP Says Sanctuary Bay Scam Is Too Huge To Ignore

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:25
  • Major Bank Considering Exiting Belie, Says Briceno

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:35
  • New Facebook Aging App Can Cause Security Breaches

    Friday, 19 July 2019 02:37

Screen_Shot_2015-05-05_at_8.09.09_PMAuthorities in San Pedro Town are making some headway with their investigations into the murders of Jose Riogoberto Beltran and Dionicio Trujillo, both taxi operators who were slain on separate incidents five days of each other. 23-year-old Luis Campos, 19-year-old Mark Arzu and 18-year-old Santos Garcia were jointly charged on Thursday, April 30th with one count of murder and one count of conspiracy to commit murder. Officer in Charge of Police, Assistant Superintendent Henry Jemmott indicated that police had sufficient grounds to charge the men, as there were both witness reports as well as incriminating evidence to pin them to the murder. Jemmott also confirmed that the motive of the murder was to use Beltran’s cab as a getaway vehicle in the planning of a robbery. All three men have been arraigned at the San Pedro Magistrate Court and remanded to the Belize Central Prison until June 2015 for their first court hearing. Due to the nature of the offence, no plea was taken, and they were denied bail. Meanwhile, investigators are yet to formally charge anyone on the murder of 42 year old Dionicio Trujillo, who was stabbed to death, his throat cut, and his body left right beside his taxi van early Sunday morning. Police say they are still taking statements from the men they have detained and are following several leads. Both murders cases are being attributed to robbery.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.