Screen_Shot_2016-01-27_at_8.04.45_PMLast week the Minister of Immigration, Godwin Hulse, mentioned in an interview with the media that on Friday January 15th, a document was to be signed in order to free the thirty two Cubans who were incarcerated at the Belize Central Prison in Hattieville since august of last year.


Today we can tell you that this news has gone international and according to El Nuevo Herald, the prisoners are unaware of the plan and the decision made with regards to their liberation as they remain locked away in prison.


According to the report, one of the inmate who goes by the name Yorday Leon Perdomo, told the newspaper that absolutely no authorities from Belize have contacted the Cubans to speak to them about their freedom. Perdomo further stated that when he called the Immigration Office concerning the issue, he was told that officials are presently working in getting the process done; however, there is still a delay.


Lastly, Perdomo said that an official from the Embassy had gotten in contact with them to verify if the Cubans had money to make payments for a stamp that they are required to get on their passport in order to allow them access into Belize.

The Cubans are requesting for Belizean officials to schedule a date to set them free so that they can continue their journey to the United States.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.

Headline News