Taiwanese National Injured During Traffic Mishap

A Taiwanese national who resides here in Orange Walk Town is lucky to be alive tonight after he was ...

The Wanted Fugitive, Dr. Errol Elrington Still At Large

In December we told you about an extradition request made by United States authorities for Attorney ...

Prime Minister On Medical Check Up Leave

Prime Minister Dean Barrow departed the country today for a follow-up medical consultative appointme...

  • Taiwanese National Injured During Traffic Mishap

    Wednesday, 17 January 2018 02:26
  • The Wanted Fugitive, Dr. Errol Elrington Still At Large

    Wednesday, 17 January 2018 02:29
  • Prime Minister On Medical Check Up Leave

    Wednesday, 17 January 2018 02:33

As it has been widely reported one of the amendments to the Cane Purchase Agreement proposed by BSI/ASR as part of its proposed 22 million dollar investment is the cementing of the current formula for payment of Bagasse until 2022.

During an interview with CEO of the BSCFA, Oscar Alonso yesterday, he told us that while an agreement has not been reached the association would be willing to accept that amendment if the milling company would pop open its financial books as it relates to BELCOGEN.

During our interview today with Vice president of International relations of BSI/ASR, Mac McLachlan we questioned him on this matter, here is what he had to say.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_7.52.56_PMMac McLachlan – Vice President of International Relations of BSI/ASR


“Nosotros hemos enviado un estado de las finanzas de la compañía fue por nuestro auditor, esta compañía es una compañía grande de auditores en Belice y la refección de la verdad de las finanzas no hay ninguna duda de cómo están estas finanzas hemos enviado este estado a BSCFA y a las otras Asociaciones también entonces no creo que hay duda en esta situación ni preocupaciones que quede no hay duda estamos poniendo todo en la meza lo que tenemos que hacer para el beneficio de los caneros para la compañía y para la industria de Belice lo que hemos recibido es una reacción de esta propuesta entonces hay otras formas si BSCFA quiere terminar el contrato es para ellos decidir.”

Today we contacted the BSCFA to verify that they had indeed received the audit report issued by BSI, while the association accepts having received their report, they believe that it does not include enough information for them to be able to make an informed decision.

Share this post

This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment.